Monday, August 13, 2007

Expedition Touring Wheels For Sale 26" [disc and rim brake]

Sold [pending receipt of payment] - thanks!

I built these wheels up a few years ago as a heavy duty expedition wheel set. They are 36H XT hubs laced to 26" Sun Rhino Lite rims with 2mm DT Swiss stainless steel spokes. The hubs are disc brake models and the rims are v-brake or canti compatible so you can use them with either system. The wheels were built by a local master builder who has built all my wheels for the last 10 years.

I used them for one tour of about 800kms and have since gone the lightweight route with my bicycle touring and don't need these wheels any longer. They would be ideal for fully loaded touring and/or a heavy rider needing bomber 26" wheels for road or mtb biking use.

I am asking $250USD + shipping OBO. Note: the wheels don't come with disc rotors or a cassette.

No comments: