Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fixing the Fujin Fender


My Fujin's rear fender needed some love. I removed it completely as minor adjustments weren't working out. The forward mount had come loose and that allowed the tire to touch the wheel. I reattached the front mount, but I'm still not 100% satisfied with it. Due to the low clearance between the tire and the fender I can't secure it with a bolt. I reapplied copious amounts of electrical tape to keep the mount from sliding back and forth on the fender. If this doesn't hold for the rest of the season I'll pull the whole thing off and use some epoxy to bond the mount to the fender.


Although it was a fiddly job I'm glad I got it done and my Fujin is back in service. I'll give it a good test run this afternoon.

1 comment:

jnyyz said...

Vik:

just drill some holes into the fender and use zipties. Clear ones, if you are picky. Epoxy won't hold up for a whole season.