Friday, April 06, 2007

Recycle

It's still winter here so I have given up on gazing out the window and started getting some shit done. Sarah doesn't have a bike and that's just wrong. Luckily I have several bikes and she is close enough in size that a mtn bike frame can be made to fit her. I took my trusty Schwinn Moab Disc aka the Winter Bike and worked on it this weekend. It needed a good cleaning to start with and then some new disc pads for the front brakes.
To solve the long top tube problem I swapped the Kore riser [which I didn't find uber comfortable] for a Nashbar Trekking bar that was in my parts bin. The trekking bar moved the controls 2.5" closer and should work. If not I'll get a shorter stem as well. I ordered a Brooks saddle from Wallbike so that she has a comfy place to sit.

I removed the winter tires and put back on some Conti Travel Contacts. I also put on some generic flat pedals so she can ride in street shoes.

The result is a great city bike with some touring potential. Plus I think it would be fair to remove the Schwinn from my Bike List meaning I am down to only 5 bikes at the moment.

No comments: