Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rocky Mountain 1200

Just a heads up to anyone living in or around Alberta and BC - the BC Randonneurs are trying to work out what to do about the Rocky Mountain 1200 in 2008. One of the issues is volunteers. If you would be willing to help out at a control supporting the ride I'm sure the club and participating riders would be very grateful. Although I'm keeping my options open as far as doing the ride goes I expect I'll be manning whichever control is closest to Calgary.

The traditional route goes from Kamloops up to Jasper and then down to Lake Louise and then back to Kamloops. They are considering alternate routes to simplify organization and support. The tentative date is 23-27 July.

It is a shame to see another epic ride [like BMB] face trouble for lack of support/organizational backing. So if you can help contact the BC Randonneurs via their website or email me and I'll pass the info along.

You don't need any special experience to help at a control. You just need to be cheerful and enjoy helping out some fellow cyclists.

No comments: