Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fujin Seat - Extra Foam

I love the combination of the Challenge SL aluminum seat and the Ventasit seat pad. The seat has lots of holes which works great with the awesome ventilation properties of the set pad. You end up cool and comfortable all ride even in the heat. Although the pad is thin the reclined Fujin seat spreads out your weight nicely and results in a very comfortable place for your body to rest.

One modification I have made is to add some foam [a Volae seat pad wedge] to the top of the Fujin seat under the Ventasit pad. This pushes my shoulders lightly forward and puts my neck in a more neutral position. Although I received a brand new Challenge headrest with the Taifun I'd rather not use one. With this easy modification my neck doesn't get tired on longer rides.

No comments: