Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lighting Solution

Ron Smith posted this pic on the Bacchetta Forum with the following info:

" This is the setup I have used all year, including a brevet series and PBP:

That is a Haluzak mount (bought from Zach Kaplan) secured to the frame with a 1/4" stainless steel bolt screwed into a "riv nut". The zip ties keep tension on the mount, and serve as a leash in case the bolt loosens or breaks. With this setup I get only a tiny bit of foot flash.

To stare down cagers, or to illuminate items on demand (e.g. road signs), I use a relatively low powered LED helmet light. It also lights up the cockpit area, and it allows you to read your computer. There is no glare, but I am careful to have nothing reflective facing me."

Looks like a great lighting solution.

No comments: