Friday, May 09, 2008

Karen's going Xtra...

Karen dropped off her old mountain bike last night so I could check it over and see if it needed any love prior to her Xtracycle arriving next week. I'm excited to see how the Free Radical conversion process goes and I am also looking forward to having another longtail rider in my neighbourhood so we can haul some ass together...lol...=-)

I'll be posting all the gory details about adding an Xtracycle to Karen's bike on my Big Dummy Blog, but I'll be sure to post a few pics of the finished product here for you.

Karen has already begun scheming about all the car trips she can replace with her Xtracycle rig. Although I think all my bikes are uber cool the Big Dummy/Xtracycle & the Bike Friday Tikit are the ones that are really sparking an interest amongst my friends and associates. I can't blame them - these bikes represent two very different, but equally effective approaches to practical cycling.

2 comments:

Moose said...

I am curious to find out how the Big Dummy and the Xtracycle handle hills.

Any comments so far?

Vik said...

The Big Dummy is easy to ride uphill with a 100+ passenger. Just pick a low gear and get into the rhythm. I find you ride these bikes differently because of the extra weight you are hauling you really get a feel for momentum and you learn to use it to your advantage. You won't be accelerating like a bat out of hell, but once you get that rig rolling she wants to keep moving...=-)

Come to cow town and you can get your dummy on...=-)