Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Both the LHT and the CC are great bikes that would work for the majority of riders. This is one of the challenges in picking one over the other. There are very few situations where only one would be suitable.
- Designed for fully loaded long distance touring
- Long chain stays
- Front and rear rack mounts
- Relaxed geometry
- Heavy & stiff frame
- Low bottom bracket
- Clearance for wide tires & fenders
- Vertical drop outs [135mm]
- Two wheel sizes
- 54cm and smaller uses 26” wheels
- 56cm and larger uses 700c wheels
- Designed as a versatile cyclo-cross bike
- Medium chain stays
- Rear rack mount
- Less relax geometry [quicker handling]
- High bottom bracket
- Lighter frame
- Only 700c wheels
- Semi-horizontal drop outs [132.5mm]
Pick the LHT if:
- You’ll be doing fully loaded tours
- You are short and prefer the fit offered by 26” wheels
- You want a very relaxed slower handling bike
Pick the CC if:
- If you’ll be riding off-road
- If you prefer a lighter faster handling bike
- If you want 700c wheels and you ride a 54cm or smaller frame
- If you want to be able to build a single speed bike
Keep in mind:
- People have toured across the
on CCs US
- People have done club rides with their LHT
See the Surly website.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
E-mail from Dinnotte Lighting...
"Customer appreciation weekend. We're having a big sale on our AA headlight and AA taillight.
DiNotte Lighting invites all customers and non customers to participate in a very special offer. Starting on Friday at midnight we will have two items available at unprecedented prices.
DiNotte AA headlight - Our full featured 200 lumen headlight, standard 12 inch cord length, including the headlight, battery holder, and handlebar mount only (batteries, charger and helmet mount deleted) for a weekend only price of 99.00 USD + shipping and handling. (International orders MUST go EXPRESS mail)
DiNotte AA Taillight - The Taillight everyone raves about that never goes on sale is on sale this weekend only. System includes taillight engine, battery holder and taillight mount (batteries and charger deleted) $100.00 USD+ shipping and handling. (International orders MUST go EXPRESS mail)
If you have any questions regarding either of these products, please view our website and store.
This item is the perfect gift for someone who needs a light, a spare light. This sale starts on Friday at 12:01 am GMT and will run through Sunday. No other items will be on sale over the weekend and no substitutions can be made. Simply visit our website at www.dinottelighting.com and click on online store, then select Pro-Series (AA) Lights.
All product will ship Friday, Saturday and Monday. This is our premium product, not a factory second or last year's model.
No phone orders please. This offer is internet only and will not be extended. Any placed but unpaid orders will be canceled when the sale items are taken off of the web store.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
I've never had this problem because I hardly ever use my brakes, but I seem to be in the minority on this issue.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Jeremy did you know he was riding a Surly Pugsley???